The Metatrader 4 platform was originally created for the Windows PC. Unfortunately, we do not offer currently any downloadable trading platforms that can be used with Mac.
However, we do offer a number of solutions for MAC users:
- A web-based version of our MT4 able to work on any browser;
- A mobile version of our MT4 for iOS and Android operated mobile devices.
If you still want to use the downloadable Windows based .EXE file on your MAC-computer, please follow the manual below.
We recommend to use a free application called WineBottler. Please, follow the next steps in order to install the software and start using MT4 on your MAC:
- Install the Wine Application from the following link and wait for the installation to complete.
- After the installation is completed, the software will enable you to run Microsoft Windows execution (.EXE) files on your MAC.
- Now, you can install the MT4 Platform and run it on your MAC using the Wine application. It will also be possible for you to copy all the MT4 files from your PC. Copy the entire folder of a client terminal previously installed in Microsoft Windows system (EA’s, indicators, scripts etc.).
- In order to run Windows execution (.EXE) files on your MAC, it is necessary to make it through the Wine application. Your Mac must do it automatically. You will know if it is launched due to the icon in your Windows .EXE files will change into the Wine icon.
Please do not hesitate to contact your account manager if you have any problems with installation of the MT4 platform on your MAC.
You can check all the advantages of MetaTrader 4 by downloading it now!
We also recommend you to learn about all the pros of MetaTrader 4 in our guide and to subscribe to the educational newsletter to learn all the details of trading in the currency market.